Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Lion Sleeps Tonight












The lion might be sleeping, but as usual, I'm wide awake. Therefore, it's time for a virtual party. C'mon and join me!
~~ Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh,
Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh.
Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh,
Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh. ~~

If your family is sleeping, wake 'em up and they can sing along too! Dance around the living room a little bit and invite the neighbors in. We'll order some pizza and dance the night away. *pausing to look around* Uh, guys? Where is everyone? Oh well. It's not the first time I've danced around by myself in the middle of the night. The cat thinks it's normal. Shh. Don't tell him any different. I prefer that he live with these little delusions.
So, what do you think? Believe it or not, one of the most popular requests I get is for jungle print furniture. I'm developing a theory that there are some really wild dolls out there! LOL! Actually, I know there are. One of my jungle print beds lives on a shelf in an adult toy store on the East Coast. I only know that because the customer said that's where she was going to put it. I have such a weird sense of humor that I think it's really funny.
Anyway, I decided to do a modern look with the leopard print this time but it turned out to have a kind of timeless feel to it. It could be modern or it could step back into the 1940s. In fact, the whole time I was working on it I kept thinking about the movie "Bringing Up Baby" with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. (one of my very, very favorite movies) I think I managed to capture a combination of exotic and elegant in this set. I did matching drapes to go with it because I figured that whoever buys it would have a helluva time finding drapes to match it.
In the past few months I've done victorian, old world italian, french victorian and a few pieces of country living thrown in for good measure. So I have the urge to do a couple of modern pieces now. The leopard print is the first set and it's still within the fairly normal category. The set I have on the table now is, well, I wouldn't exactly call it normal. I look at it and it makes me think of my first apartment back in 1979. It involves yellow, pink and orange flowers and is NOT within the norm for me. What the hell. Everyone has flashbacks once in awhile. LOL!


3 comments:

  1. Me encanta, como te ha quedado. por que es cierto que es moderno y elegante a la vez, yo añadiría "chic". (No sé si es una palabra internacional, creo que si).
    Te felicito, muy bonito.
    saludos Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, that set is WILD! In a fabulously exotic, fashionably wonderful way! May I ask where your learned to make the furniture? I would love to try my hand but have no idea where to begin. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, it's absolutely wonderful! It makes me feel like redecorating! A woman could be really wild living with furniture like this! LOL!!

    Well done!!

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete