Friday, May 22, 2009

From the silly to the sublime







I'm the first to admit that I'm very eclectic. (that's a nice way of saying that I have strange tastes and the attention span of a gnat) Seriously tho, I do like to change styles with each and every project. I don't like to repeat anything that I've done, which is probably a handy way for an artist to feel. So I switch around a lot and the changes are usually drastic. For example, I spent a couple of weeks making a very realistic Ghost Town Stage Stop complete with crumbling plaster and a rusty tin roof. The next day I had a lilac and mint green french cafe on the table......the frilliest house I've ever done. (I called her Fifi behind her back)




Wandering thru my galleries is like being caught in a time warp with Salvador Dali. One minute you're looking at a Second Empire victorian mansion and then suddenly there's a Japanese Edo Period house with sliding rice paper doors. I've done a New Orleans French Quarter house from the 1930's and a party boat for the Grim Reaper. Seriously, check out my galleries and see for yourself. There are days when I think a good psychiatrist could make a fortune on me! Split personalities manifesting in minature! LOL!


I think we're all like that to some degree. One of the great things about miniatures is that we can let our fantasy world out of our heads and bring it to life on the work table. We can create the dream house we'd love to live in...........we can visit any time or place in history or even in the future.........we can indulge in the things we wouldn't dare to do in real life......... And the best part of it? It's completely legal!




Anyway, the picture on this entry is of those little quarter scale houses I've been messing around with. If you'd like to see more pics of this one, go here: http://www.debsminis.com/sea_side_rose_quarter_scale_dollhouse.htm I got some excellent close up pics there.




I think I mentioned putting teeny, tiny roses on bushes for this house and they did turn out rather pretty. My eyes should be uncrossed in about two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I've just browsed a bit through your galleries. You have made some gorgeous buildings! I love the stage stop!

    But the witch and wizard's story and the houses next door are my favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking at all the quarter scale houses on your web site. They are so unique!

    Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete