Friday, May 15, 2009

I see the Harbor Lights..........



Ooooooooh, this build has been so much fun! The new laser cut kits at Greenleaf totally rock! I built the lighthouse from start to finish in 6 days. There's no more sanding with the laser cut kits and that not only made the build go faster, but it was so much easier on my hands.





I'm a landlocked girl and always have been so it was kind of surprising for me to build a lighthouse. Never having seen a lighthouse in real life, I didn't even know where to start. Oh wait a minute. I *have* seen a lighthouse in real life, but it's in the middle of Kansas so I don't think that really counts. Anyone who would put a lighthouse in the middle of Kansas probably wasn't much on historical accuracy anyway. I couldn't resist adding a little dazzle to the floors after I found out that the floors in stone lighthouses often had a decorative pattern. This one has the moon phases which is very apt for a lighthouse, don't you think? All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.





Click on the video below for pics of the lighthouse and pier, or you can go to http://www.debsminis.com/ and find the album for the lighthouse in my 1:12 scale gallery.



Sing along with me!


~~Sittin' on the dock of the bay...............~~






2 comments:

  1. Deb, you really did a nice job with this lighthouse! I love the colors and the little house next to it is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete