Thursday, April 29, 2010

Heaven in Half Scale! New Greenleaf laser cut dollhouse kits in 1:24

 Have you seen?  Have you heard?   Greenleaf just released *7*........yes, count them.............SEVEN brand new laser cut kits in half scale.  Yep, you heard that right, they're 1:24 and they are simply to die for!

I'm not sure which one I want to do first.  The Chantilly jumps right out at me coz she's a chatty girl and I haven't had a chance to build her in full scale yet.  But I'm also working on a full scale Tennyson right now and how cool would it be to do one in half scale at the same time???  The full size is going to be a light and airy sea side house and it would be sooooooo much fun to do the half scale in opposite and make it dark and gothic.   Then there's my massive and long time urge to build an old west ghost town which would have the Brimbles and the Taft as anchor houses.  The only thing that has held me back is not having enough space for a ghost town but with half scale, there's nothing to hold me back anymore!

Of course there's the half scale Rosedale which would be really cool since I'll be starting on a full scale Rosedale within the next few weeks and it would be fun to do them together like the Tennyson.   I've always wanted to do a Buttercup as a church and the half scale is perfect for that.  The Jefferson isn't being chatty yet, but you know how those Colonials can be a little on the quiet side.  When it's ready, it'll talk.

There's the half scale lighthouse too which was released awhile back.  I have it assembled and ready to paint so I can already tell you how truly fabulous these half scale kits are in laser cut!  You simply cannot believe how finely detailed they are!  There's virtually no sanding at all and the wood is beautiful.  Greenleaf announced today that they're using a high quality maple plywood for the half scale kits that is thinner and more in proportion with the half scale.    Be still my heart!  This just keeps getting better and better and better!

Okay, so now that I've rambled about them, you have to go see them!   They're a Greenleaf exclusive right now so this is the only place you're going to find them.  http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Web-Store-Exclusives.html?startpage=0  Those prices are awesomely affordable too!

This is perfect timing for Mother's Day!  What a great gift it would be!    Since I'm not a mom I have to be creative about getting a gift on Mother's Day and it's usually from my cat.  

 Here you go baby.  Put your little paw on that mouse and click here for Mom........http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Web-Store-Exclusives.html?startpage=0    Hey, whatever works!  

You NEED at least one of these kits.  Trust me, even if you've never built a dollhouse before and even if you've always been scared by smaller scales...............you can build these houses!  They're easier than full scale!  I always thought smaller scales were harder but they're not so don't let any apprehension hold you back.  Get a half scale kit and give it a try.  I promise you that you'll be soooooo happy that you did!

Oh, and just as an FYI, I'm already planning on moving into half scale dressed furniture in the very near future.  I've already decided on some beautiful bedroom and living room sets and will be spending this weekend at the  quilt show getting fabrics that work in half scale.  I'm planning on selling full sets of furniture when I launch my half scale line----------so instead of just a dressed bed, it will be a dressed bed along with matching nightstands and dressers and armoires...........or parlor furniture with tables to match.   So if you were worried that you won't be able to find artisan furniture for your half scale dollhouse, you can count on me to make sure there are some beautiful choices out there (including custom orders) and it will all be affordable.   I know that sounds like I'm promoting myself but if you know me, you know that my main goal is to make sure that miniaturists get what they need and love.

Let's celebrate!    It's a wonderful mini day!!

     


      



No comments:

Post a Comment