Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Happy Mini-Moment



I think I could sit and look at this picture all day long. I get so enamoured of the little things in life!

Yesterday I got minis in the mail (Yay!) and one of them was the little pitcher and basin on the dresser. Isn't it gorgeous! It didn't cost much.......I couldn't have bought a fast food lunch for the price of it.........but it's so pretty that it made my day. In fact, I think it made my week. It's just so little and pretty and perfect.

So today I restaged the dresser in the Pierce bedroom to include it. I swapped the flower arrangement that was on the dresser with this one that had been living in the Beacon Hill because this one goes better with the room. After I staged it and oohed and aahed over it for a little while I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures. Those of you who know me know that "a few" means around 50. I play the odds when it comes to pictures. If I take a thousand, I'll get a couple of good ones.

In this case, playing the odds paid off. I think this may be one of the best pictures I've taken so far. I love playing with images in mirrors when it comes to taking pictures and this one is a double thrill.

Look in the armoire mirror on the left and you can see the pitcher and basin reflected, and just behind them you can see the lamp, clock and glass sitting on the nightstand. In the dresser mirror, way back in the distance, is a reflection of the Pierce music room bay window and the harp that resides there.

Isn't it pretty! It shows so many little details all at once and that's one of the things I love best about minis. It's all those little details that are such a delight.

Time for me to head back to the studio and get some real work done. I just had to share a happy mini-moment!

.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a great picture too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, it is the perfect picture . . . and pitcher! Love the reflection in the mirrors, very pretty!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete