Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, here we are......

I've never been good at keeping diaries. Even as a kid, I felt silly about locking my diary because there was never anything written in it. Of course, keeping it locked and hidden did drive my brother crazy so that was probably why I had a diary in the first place.

Anyway, here we are with a shiny new blog. It's the cyber version of a brand new notebook.........full of potential and promise yet slightly intimidating. On the other hand, I've never run short of words so I'm sure I'll find something to write about. And since the thing I like to talk about most is miniatures, we'll definitely be chatting about them a lot.

I just finished four new beds so I'm a little tired tonight. I've also got a very miffed dollhouse sitting on the work table in my studio because I've been making beds instead of paying attention to her. Her working name is Fifi and she's the jealous type. A new dollhouse kit arrived today and it was so irresistible that I had to put it in dry fit to start the "talking" process with it. I have a feeling that it's going to be a Mexican hacienda but we're not sure yet. At any rate, Fifi is not pleased with this stranger intruding into her workspace when she's only 2/3's complete. I just turned the light off and left them alone to work things out. Tomorrow morning I'll either find out that they've made friends or there will be nothing left of a mexican hacienda and a french cafe but a room full of splinters. Only in the miniature world could I have an international incident occuring in my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment